It’s been an incredibly busy summer and a long time since my last post. What have I been doing over the last 10 or so months?
- Travelled to 3 continents.
- Worked over 40 events.
- Equipment upgrades:
- New Korg PA600 Arranger keyboard. May do a quick review if I find some time. It’s a great arranger workstation!
- New Soundcraft SI Impact digital mixer to replace my older Tascam TM-D mixers which are about to go for sale on letgo.
- New Dj controllers for Serato and Traktor! Yes, I still mess around with Traktor. All my Atlanta DJs are on Serato. Just sold my Pioneer DDJ-SX. Upgraded to Denon MCX 8000 to rely less on laptops. I’ll report back after a few gigs under my belt. Planning to show off my small Traktor setup with the Z1, X1 and F1!
- Finally replaced my two Panasonic AF-100s and GH3 cameras with a Canon EOS C100 Cinema Camera. Now I know why it was so expensive! Excellent 1080P picture!
- I have some equipment on the chopping block. Please make me some offers:
- Native Instruments Kontrol S4 Mk II controller.
- Sony A7 II Full Frame mirrorless camera with 28 – 70 Kit lens and 50mm 1.8.
- Panasonic AG-AC 90. Very good condition and excellent in low light. Need to sell because I need SDI outputs for live event switching and streaming. Planning to upgrade to Panasonic AG-AC 160 or similar.
- Gemini MDJ1000. I have 2 of these for sale. I think they suck! Upgraded to the latest firmware but they still don’t do anything well. Barely play CDs…. Struggle with USB keys… It was Iffy with Traktor as a controller. I had to do my own mapping but it worked somewhat. The specs are excellent but in practice do not work as expected. Avoid like the plague! I have never been able to complete a 1 hour dj set without a glitch. First person with 300 bucks can take them both. I paid 700 for them!
So, yes, I’ve been too busy to add posts about every event as intented but I am looking forward to taking better control of my schedule!
C U L8R!